I have been LOVING the many letter boards and felt boards that I have been seeing on Pinterest and Instagram as of late! So when Marianne, from HGTV Handmade, shared an easy message board DIY project, I knew that I had to give it a chance!
I found all the supplies I needed for this project at the Dollar Tree!
Here’s how I did it:
- Place wooden dowels on the frame. On an 8X10 frame you will need to use at least two dowels. Measure how long the second dowel will need to be. One will need to be cut.
- Take the dowels outside to cut and spray paint them. I spray painted mine white to match the foam board.
- Disassemble the frame. Take out the glass and use it to trace the size that your foam board will need to be. Secure the foam board in the frame.
- Once the dowels are dry, place them on the foam board and attach them with hot glue. I placed my dowels about 2.5-2.27 inches apart. I found it most effective to judge the distance the dowels should be from one another by eye. *When attaching the dowels, put the hot glue toward the bottom of the dowel. This prevents the letters from getting stuck in the glue*
- Once you are finished, compose your first message on the board. I chose one that is very close to my heart!
This project was SO MUCH FUN! I hope you give it a try! If you would like a more detailed tutorial of this project, check out the video I shared on my YouTube channel!
When you try this project, make sure you share a picture with my on my social media!